Hiking recommendations in Saxon Switzerland
Short Hikes Downloadable hiking tips
- Königstein Fortress, high above the Elbe
- Quirl, the biggest sandstone plateau
- Pfaffenstein, a Bronze Age settlement and a famous stone spire named Barbarine
- Lillienstein, the most beautiful mesa in Saxon Switzerland with great views.
Half-day Hikes Wandertipp: Halbttagswanderung runterladen
- Rauenstein, across from the famous Bastei (a bastion), above Kurort Rathen
- Hercules column in Bielatal
- Labyrinth, a natural maze by Langenhennersdorf
Wandertipp: Ganztagswanderung runterladen
- Bastei, a famous rock bridge with a view of the Elbe valley and the Neurathen stone structure
- Großer Winterberg (mountain) and Kuhstall (stone archway), path through Kirnitzschtal to the Lichtenhainer waterfall
- Hiking in Bohemian Switzerland, Prebishtor (stone structure), boat trip in Edmundsklamm gorge and Wilde Klamm ravine.
- Schrammsteine, a typical stone formation of Saxon Switzerland with a pretty ridge path
- Upper Schleuse with a boat trip on the Kirnitzsch in Hinterhermsdorf
The tourist information office offers guided hikes or slideshow presentations every two weeks in every season to all interested guests. They would also love to give you detailed recommendations for anything from romantic to athletic hikes through Saxon Switzerland.
Recommendations for rainy days
Of course Saxon Switzerland would not be so beautiful without rainy days, but these days don't need to be wasted. After a relaxing, long night's rest you can get a delicious breakfast and plan an entire, exciting day that doesn't depend on the outside weather.
Wouldn't it be nice to visit one of the numerous museums around Königstein or the National Park Visitor's Centre in Bad Schandau? You can make your own candles in the candle factory in Krietyschwity, or sit at the window and enjoy the beautiful view with a good book. For those who love being active, there are water parks in Pirna and Neustadt, Spa Centres in Bad Schandau and Sebnitz; Bowling Alleys or climbing walls for a beginners course on climbing in Saxony.