More "districts" Ebenhait, Halbestadt and Hütten

Ebenheit mit LiliensteinThe city reaped many agricultural gains when Ebenheit and Halbestadt, both on the other side of the Elbe, became parts of Königstein.

Halbestadt was developed in the 15th century as a small farm belonging to the Celestine cloister on the Königstein mesa, and therefore was known as the "Monks' farm." In 1550, the city purchased the awful land, divided it up into 11 parts and gave them to citizens of the city. From this time, there are still a couple of buildings, such as house number 25 on "Napoleonsteig" (which got its name because the French took this path during the Napoleonic wars) and Napoleon house (number 28), which is a typically built house for the region (in German, an "Umgebindehaus".)

Halbestadt has a small winter port, which was built along with the regulation of the Elbe in 1864-5. Once this village had a privilege that today's citizens can only dream of: they had free ferrying across the Elbe.

Ebenheit was the name given to the tableland below Lilienstein. The name of the village was first used in 1489. The inhabitants were probably feudal peasants of the castle, which no longer stands today. Houses 3 and 9 deserve to be noticed, as they have 1747 and 1824, respectively, on the capstones of their entryways.

Hütten has been a part of Königstein since 1933 and lies in the valley of the Biela creek, along which a path winds around the Quirl. Since as early as 1445, there were two blacksmiths here. Since that time, iron has been mined and smelted.